We have just added the latest neuromodulator on the market to our collection of products., Dysport™.
Widely used in Europe, and recently approved for use in Canada, Dysport™ is injected into the muscles in order to relax their activity and therefore reduce the lines associated with active expression in the face such as the frown lines, the forehead lines, and the crow’s feet.
It is a simple, non-surgical treatment that produces noticeable improvements in frown lines and crows feet within a few days of injections. The treatment is performed with a few tiny injections in the muscle under the skin. It prevents muscles from contracting, therefore diminishing skin folds overlying the injected muscles, giving you a more relaxed appearance.
The treatment lasts 3-6 months and can be repeated at recommended intervals.
How do Dysport™ injections work??
- They are directed at the facial muscles that cause lines and wrinkles.
- They target dynamic wrinkles caused by repeated muscular contractions, such as frowning andsquinting.
- They work by relaxing the muscles causing the dynamic wrinkles
- This results in a more refreshed and relaxed appearance
- Continued use of these treatments softens expression lines which helps to “stop the clock” as far asthe development of lines is concerned, or even “turn back the hands of time” as far as further deepening of lines.
- Results are noticeable within 4-5 days
- Results achieved generally lasts 3-6 months although treated people have noticed longer lasting results
- The treatments are quick and involve no downtime.
The most commonly treated areas:
- Frown lines (between the eyebrows)
- Forehead lines (run horizontally across forehead)
- “Crow’s feet” around the outer eyes
More advanced uses of Dysport™
- Under eyes
- Above lips (softer pout)
- Gummy smile
- Peau d’orange
Benefits of the treatment
- You will have a more relaxed and refreshed appearance
- Lends a more youthful look
- The treatment helps in preventing further deepening of lines
- No recovery time
- Very little discomfort, as the needle is tiny
- You won’t be “misread” as being angry or upset!