Before and after gallery
Botox Cosmetic® is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria which works by reducing the activity of muscles.
Botox Cosmetic® treatments involve injections into the muscles in order to relax their activity and therefore reduce the lines associated with active expression in the face, such as the frown lines, the forehead lines, and the crow’s feet.
It is a simple, non-surgical treatment that produces noticeable improvements in frown lines and crows feet within a few days of the injections. The treatment is performed with a few tiny injections into the muscle under the skin. They prevent muscles from contracting, therefore diminshing skin folds overlying the injected muscles, giving you a more relaxed appearance.
- The treatment lasts 3-6 months and can be repeated at recommended intervals.
How do Botox Cosmetic® injections work?
What are Botox side effects?
- They are directed at the facial muscles that cause lines and wrinkles.
- They target dynamic wrinkles caused by repeated muscular contractions such as frowning and squinting.
- They work by relaxing the muscles causing the dynamic wrinkles.
- This results in a more refreshed and relaxed appearance
- Continued use of these treatments softens expression lines which helps to “stop the clock” as far as the development of lines is concerned, or even “turn back the hands of time” as far as further deepening of lines.
- Results are noticeable within 4-5 days
- Results achieved generally last 3-6 months although treated people have noticed longer lasting results
- The treatments are quick and involve no downtime.
The most commonly Botox injections sites:
- Frown lines (between the eyebrows)
- Forehead lines (run horizontally across forehead)
- “Crow’s feet” around the outer eyes
More advanced uses of Botox Cosmetic® injections sites:
- Under eyes
- Above lips (softer pout)
- Gummy smile
- PEAU d’orange
Benefits of the treatment
1. You will have a more relaxed and refreshed appearance
2. Lends a more youthful look
3. The treatment helps in preventing further deepening of lines
4. No recovery time
5. Very little discomfort, as the needle is tiny
6. You won’t be misread as being angry or upset!
Botox Cosmetic® vs Xeomin™ vs Dysport®
They are all very similar. Xeomin is considered pure because, unlike Botox Cosmetic®, the Costidium botulinum toxin (Xeomin) is free of accessory proteins (toxin complex). Dysport, another neuro modulator is also very similar to Botox. Its onset of action can be slighty faster than Botox and Xeomin. The indications for its use as well as the concentrations used are otherwise exactly the same. Likewise , results will be almost identical.