LED Light skin therapy
LED phototherapy uses Light Emitting Diodes or low energy light therapy to treat a variety of conditions. Its benefits are used in traditional medicine as well as for cosmetic and anti-aging treatments.
Applications of low energy light emit different wavelengths ranging from blue to near infrared. Different colors and combinations may be used in conjunction with physical therapy to relieve pain or to speed up wound healing. It is often used for wellness treatments (seasonal mood disorder). A MAX+ LED may also be used as an adjunct in anti-aging and cosmetic therapies to treat a variety of skin conditions, such as acne, rosacea, inflammation, flushing.
What does it do?
The LED may be used alone or combined with a facial, microdermabrasion or laser treatment. The LED therapy uses different color light wavelengths that penetrate the skin in a sequential time frame, depending on the condition treated.
LED light therapy can also be combined with a facial known as the “celebrity facial”.
The different colors affect the skin in different ways:
- The Red and Infra-Red lights stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, and increase the energy in you skin cells, speeding up the healing process post treatment.
- Yellow light works on skin toning and tightening, and detoxifying the skin.
- Green light acts as regulator of cellular functions, to ensure your cells are receiving the nourishment they need to help repair and heal after treatment, and helps to diffuse redness.
- Blue light relaxes your mind and helps to ease your mood, and promotes intercellular communication.
- Violet light helps to diminish bacteria found on the skin, helping to diminish acne breakouts.
While the LED works on your skin, the colors also provide a soothing message to your mind.
It is an extremely safe and calming treatment without any undesired heat and no downtime.
How it works
The MAX+ LED is placed near the skin allowing the light energy to penetrate the tissues where it interacts with the chromophpores in the cells leading to alterations at the molecular and cellular level of the body.
LED photostimulation induces a cascade of events deep in the cell, which signals molecules to stimulate the mitochondria (otherwise known as the powerhouses of the cell) to increase its energy production, similar to that of plant photosynthesis.
The treatments last from 15-30 minutes, are completely painless and can be used on any skin color or type! All you need to do is sit back and relax while the LED works it’s magic!